Free of charge legal assistance for GMB members from the Region's Solicitors, who are leading experts in all the legal issues that affect you at work.
PERSONAL INJURY CASES INCLUDING:
- accidents anywhere, any time – at work, at home, in a public place, road traffic accidents and on holiday
- industrial disease
- clinical negligence
- Criminal Injury Compensation cases
- preparation of will for member and spouse / partner
- initial half hour consultation on any legal matter
- support for members accused of driving offences through the Motor Drivers’ Fund (click here for contribution rate and further details)
GMB members accused of a work related criminal offence get initial advice and representation. Just call the 24 hour criminal law helpline.
DISCOUNTED, PREFERENTIAL RATES FOR MEMBERS:
- family law and matrimonial advice
- probate and tax law
- conveyancing services
- discounted rates for preparation of will for family member
When calling any of the legal helpline numbers try and have your membership number to hand.
If you have a problem at work:
- Involve your workplace representative. GMB representatives are trained to know your rights at work. They will do everything they can to help you resolve your problem through negotiation.
- If you do not have a workplace representative you are still legally entitled to have a GMB representative accompany you to a grievance or disciplinary hearing. Just call 0300 013 3377 and you will be put in touch with a GMB representative.
- Sometimes problems at work require legal action. That is why we have our own Legal Department providing expert employment law advice and Employment Tribunal representation.
GMB LEGAL SERVICES
Download a copy of GMB's Legal Services or call 0300 013 3377 and ask for a copy.
EMPLOYMENT LAW ROUND-UP
GMB Regional Legal Department
Your regional legal team are Neil Sharples legal officer and Julie Oldfield, legal administrator. If you want more information about our legal services or you have any comments on your experiences of the service we provide we will be very pleased to hear from you.
Neil Sharples - Tel: 0300 013 3377 or email: click here
Julie Oldfield - Tel: 0300 013 3377 or email: click here
*legal assistance is granted subject to rule and payment of contributions must be maintained during the course of a claim or if in receipt of representation - please contact regional office on 0300 013 3377 for further details.