More than 10,000 GMB Union ambulance workers across England will walk on Monday [20 February 2023].
They could be joined by 1,500 Welsh Ambulance Service workers, depending on the outcome of the ballot on the latest pay offer from the Welsh Government which is due at 1pm on Friday 17 February.
Paramedics, Emergency Care Assistants, call handlers and other staff will stage more than 100 pickets across the following trusts [see attachment]
- North East Ambulance Service
- North West Ambulance Service
- Yorkshire Ambulance Service
- Welsh Ambulance Service (TBC)
- East Midlands Ambulance Service
- South West Ambulance Service
- South Central Ambulance Service
- South East Coast Ambulance Service
Workers across the ambulance service voted to strike over the Government’s imposed 4 per cent pay award and are furious over the Government’s apparent attempts to ‘smear’ them over life and limb cover on strike days.
Media enquiries: GMB Press Office on 07958 156846 or at [email protected]
Notes to Editors: